26 Ocak 2016 Salı

Reflection task 2b

Friends’ is a famous series which aired ten years from 1994 to 2004. It tells the story of six friends who live in New York. Its characters are Rachel, Monica, Joey, Phoebe, Ross and Chandler. The show begins with the escape of Rachel from her wedding and coming to a café named Central Perk. She runs across with her friend Monica from high school there. She asks Monica to stay with her for a while and they become roommates. Joey and Chandler are their neighbor across and also their friends. Ross is Monica’s brother. Phoebe is Monica’s ex roommate. With these common connections, they become best friends. The theme music of it is ‘I’ll be there for you’ by Rembrandts. In my opinion, this theme music sums up the whole series because they always support one another in all situations. They mostly hung out in Central Perk. Throughout the series, there become some emotional approaches between the characters. To illustrate, Monica and Chandler are married, and Rachel and Ross have a baby. The show was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman. In my opinion, they tried to reflect the importance and the value of friendship in an entertaining way. I like this funny way because it makes the show more sincere and credible. However, there is a side that I don’t like that much. This side is the emotional approaches between the characters because the show is about friendship and, in my opinion, there should have been more focus on the friendship. Yet, I love this series and each of the characters so much that I watch its some episodes when I am bored or sad. There will a special episode in February. Thus, I am very excited and happy about that. To sum up, friends is a very funny and sincere show, and I recommend it everyone.

1 yorum:

  1. Hi Tuğba :)
    I like very much Friends, also. You explained clearly the series. The series has very funny characters like you said. They have different type of humorous style. They are really succesfull making people enjoyed. Many times, I heard about the scenes from this series and sometimes, I watch the series. My favourite character is Joey. I wonder about your favourite one. I guess, you are a real lover of Friends since you are impatiently waiting for the special episode.Finally, I agree with you about the side which you don't like very much. The emotional approaches. Thank you for your contribution Tuğba.
    Take care of yourself !
    Have a nice holiday :)

    YanıtlaSil